segunda-feira, 18 de março de 2013

I have to finish what I've started

And guess what? I had some people saying they can't read what is on my blog because it is in Portuguese... cute =D So this post will be in English, and for those English speakers I am already sorry for my mistakes but I won't be using any help from Google Translate =D

Well my 2012 New Year's resolution was to lose weight. And back then I thought "Yeah! Sure." I've done that resolution for so many years that I was kind of used to it every end of year. But fortunately beginning of 2012 was a bit different. Something for some reason changed, and I am glad for it. I did well? Yes. I cheated? Many many times. Did I reach my goal? NO! So I have to say that something for some reason changed but at this point I am not glad for that.


It doesn't actually matter what has changed... matters that I still have a goal to reach. I still want something so badly that I know I can do it! It took me so long to get here, so much effort not just from me that I have to finish what I started. Back there in 2012 I knew all my reasons and motivations, and now, same time of the year, a little bit lighter but still counting, I have to finish what I've started. And that is for me, specially.


My 2013 New Year's resolution wasn't to lose weight. It was to run a half marathon....... and I know what I have to do to get there. The date is 3rd November 2013. Whatever happens, whatever it takes, whatever I have to give up, I know it is for the best. For my well being, for my pride, for my health.


So after almost 3 months I am considering that this is year just started. I am happy for it. Not sad for the time that is already gone, but extremely happy for the time that is about to come.


Welcome 2013. For the new me on myself =D

Um comentário:

  1. Olá! Acessei seu blog meio que sem querer, vivo em Auckland e curti muito o que vi por aqui. Visite a gente também em http://oceaniajournal.wordpress.com

    Grande abraço e tudo de bom!

    ResponderExcluir